Additional Dwelling Unit (ADU)
An exciting thing about being a homeowner is having the ability to renovate, update, add, extend, or build on to your current home. Ultimately, molding your space to fit all your needs. A room addition allows for expanding families, or simply allowing more space for existing family members to share the home such as cousins or grandparents. The sky’s the limit when it comes to what you can do with the extra room; think a gym, home office, playroom, or an additional dwelling unit to supplement income.
Most single-family homeowners can build ADUs (additional dwelling units) thanks to the state law. As long as there is ample room on the property, and a detached ADU is required to be at least 10 feet from the main residence and 5 feet from property lines.
A room or second story addition can be a great investment and way to expand your living space while improving your quality of life. Wealthy in experience, Your Prime Contractor team are veterans at all phases of the construction journey. Our key to a seamless addition is to design as if it was apart of the original structure.
Benefits of an ADU (Additional Dwelling Unit)
- Supports multi-generation family in your while while maintaining separate spaces, but being together at the same time
- Rent out the unit and use the income to supplement your mortgage
- Make extra income for other financial obligations
- Offers flexible housing solutions
- Place aging parents to remain with families
- Add extra space for that office, art studio, or gym you’ve always dreamt of
- Smaller in size,no need to purchase additional land
- Can convert existing space